Romanian Casino Permit: Start a Profitable iGaming Project
Our specialists provide professional services for the creation and promotion of a casino business. We are glad to help entrepreneurs to obtain a gambling permit for being able to work in many European countries, for example, in a promising Romanian jurisdiction.
The main reasons to launch a turnkey casino in this region:
- Prestigious jurisdiction. Many European developers work in the local market. Users trust a website with the Romanian permit, noting a simple verification process, 100% guarantee of the payment of winnings, and a wide range of games.
- All types of gambling are considered legal. In addition to casinos (offline and online), entrepreneurs can open a bookmaker's office, a bingo room, sweepstakes, and a poker room. The only exception is the organisation of lotteries ― it is a state monopoly.
- Great response from gamblers. The personal income of the population is lower than the standard of living of people in Germany, France, and Great Britain. Casino visitors love to spin reels in slots and place bets, which always brings a good profit.
- Stable economic environment. Those who decide to launch a local casino can receive a permit and run a highly profitable business in the EU. There are no wars and economic tremors in the country. It is developing steadily, creating a friendly economic and legal environment.
- The long validity period of the permit. The document is issued for 5 years but in some cases, it can be obtained for 10 years. The licence for the placement of offline slots is issued for 3 years and is automatically renewed at the end of this period.
Entrepreneurs can launch virtual gambling platforms under several types of licences:
This permit can be obtained by B2C companies that run gaming sites or offline locations in the country. Such businessmen interact with the end consumers ― gamblers
The gaming licence for B2B providers that supply content and provide specialised services.
Apart from software vendors and distributors, the document of class 2 is granted to:
A permit for organising lotteries with drawings or without them.
This licence belongs to the state monopolist ― the Romanian National Lottery, and therefore, this type of document cannot be received by commercial companies
The ONJN organisation issues certificates and controls the operators’ activity.
The government agency was created in 2015 on the basis of the updated legislation of the country in the field of regulation of offline and virtual gambling.
To launch an online casino in Romania, entrepreneurs must:
- register a legal entity in the country or on the territory of the EU;
- open an account in a local bank;
- form the authorised capital;
- host the main server on the country’s territory, in one of the EU member states or in Switzerland;
- host all additional and mirror servers in Romania;
- pass the software certification procedure, including games, platform, payment systems, and other components.
Those B2B companies that supply software to Romania should obtain the class 2 permit.
A class 1 licence is granted to those who are planning to interact with gamblers. However, it is worth remembering that you can buy software (slots, payment services, authentication, and age verification systems) only from providers who hold the class 2 permit.
The requirements for such companies are in many ways similar to those for Internet operators. It is necessary to register a legal entity, open a bank account, and purchase the certified software.
There are some additional requirements related to the premises where the equipment will be placed:
- Casino. The minimum number of gaming tables in a casino is 10, while 4 of them must be used for roulette. The gambling establishment must have a separate entrance, even if it was opened in a hotel or entertainment complex. Each slot machine must have technical documentation (information on certification, modification, and last inspection).
- Bookmaker’s office. The local licence is issued only to those bookmakers that have passed a physical inspection of the institution for compliance with fire, sanitary, and operational standards. Owners of betting shops need to install a video surveillance system with cameras in the main halls and the cashier's room. All records must be kept on the server for 6 months.
- Bingo room. It should be located away from residential buildings, parks, and recreation areas. The minimum distance is 30 metres, and it is necessary to make a separate entrance to the gambling hall. Operators can accept bets in foreign currencies (such as pounds sterling or US dollars) but first, they need to obtain a permit from a local banking institution.
Entrepreneurs should send the following documents to ONJN:
- certificate of the registration of a legal entity, creation of the authorised capital and reserve fund, and opening of a commercial account;
- certificates of conformity for software and all equipment;
- information on founders, beneficiaries, shareholders, and managers;
- description of the conditions and rules of the game (limits, minimum and maximum bets, and commissions);
- the layout of a gaming site;
- copies of tenancy agreements or contracts of the purchase of premises for the land-based business.
The acquisition of a permit takes place in several stages:
- Before obtaining a licence in Romania, operators send a package of documents to the authorised body.
- Entrepreneurs are interviewed by the representatives of the ONJN commission.
- Casino owners pay the state duty and after that, they can start working.
All documents can be sent online with the help of a convenient administration system.
The minimum authorised capital for companies is 261 thousand euros.
The price of the document depends on the type of activity (online or offline) and the amount of revenue earned during the reporting period.
The total cost is divided into equal payments for 5–10 years, depending on how long the permit was issued. That is why it is a relatively affordable business area to launch gambling clubs and issue licences.
Companies can diversify their operating costs and apply funds towards the strategic development of their brands.
Type of the business
The cost of a permit per year
In addition to the question of how much the casino licence in Romania costs, entrepreneurs are interested in taxation.
The local fiscal policy cannot be called the most humane in the world but there are several benefits for the owners of casinos and iGaming projects.
Instead of the standard corporate tax of 16%, operators pay 5% of the annual profit. Moreover, starting from 2019, all companies should transfer 2% of the additional turnover tax to the public treasury.
Online Casino Market provides professional services for launching casinos in prestigious European countries, including Romania.
We perform several tasks:
- creation and configuration of the system;
- installation of software (slot machines, card games, bingo) from trusted vendors;
- connection of payment systems, loyalty programs, and other components;
- assistance with casino licensing and promotion of a gaming site.
- The Romanian casino licence is issued for 5–10 years. Its cost varies from 30 to 120 thousand euros per year and directly depends on the net profit of operators.
- The advantages of establishing a gambling business include international prestige, the long validity period of permits, and the high popularity of gambling among the local population.
- To obtain a permit, it is necessary to register a legal entity, form an authorised capital, and provide a website layout and a detailed description of all types of entertainment.
Contact our managers and become the owner of a legal and profitable iGaming business!
Check the information used to contact us carefully. It is necessary for your safety.
Fraudsters can use contacts that look like ours to scam customers. Therefore, we ask you to enter only the addresses that are indicated on our official website.
Be careful! Our team is not responsible for the activities of persons using similar contact details.
Alderney Online Gambling License
Austria: Online Casino License
Australia Online Gambling License: How to Buy it
Belgium Online Casino License
Belize: Gambling Business License
Costa Rica: Online Gambling License. Laws and Cost
Curaçao & Netherlands Antilles Online Casino License
Dominican Republic Online Gambling License
Estonia: Online Casino License
Gibraltar: Online Casino License
Isle of Man Online Gambling License
Italy: Online Gambling License
Kahnawake Online Gambling License
Malta: Online Casino License
Danish Licence: Casino Industry in the Happiest Country in the World
Montenegro Gaming Permit: How to Quickly Obtain the Document
Belorussian Licence: Launch a Profitable Casino in Europe
Casino Licence in Greece: an Excellent Choice for Running a Business
Kyrgyz Casino Permit: Become a Participant of the Promising Market
Canadian Licence: Launch a Tax-Free Casino in the Jurisdiction
UK Casino Licence: Features of Working in One of the World’s Largest Markets
Seychelles Gambling Licence: Nuances of its Acquisition and Cost
Lithuanian Licence: Advantages of Launching a Casino in the Baltics
How to Receive a Licence in Georgia
Gambling License in Ukraine: How to Obtain it in 2021