Starting a Canadian iGaming Project with Ontario’s Licence
The gambling segment in the country has gained global popularity in recent years. It is characterised by huge economic potential and great interest in entertainment from its residents.
Gambling has been popular in the country since the 20th century, while such amusement is still prohibited in many states worldwide. The territory of Ontario is currently attracting the most interest — it has the best indicators of gaming business success.
Online Casino Market provides a detailed overview of the Canadian wagering industry and its regulations in different provinces. We can also help you launch a unique gaming project in a promising area.
Gambling in Canada: Basic Information
Six out of ten residents enjoy online casinos and betting sites. There are authorized operators in Canada. The government also participates in the industry, holding monopolies on offering gaming services.
Wagering activities have been popular in the region for centuries, so the history of legalisation goes back several decades.
There is no single gambling body — the industry is regulated at the federal level in each province. Regional authorities create their laws and unique rules, which may differ both for offline and digital wagering.
The most promising areas for opening a gaming business in the country:
- Prince Edward Island;
- New Brunswick.
History and Nuances of Regulation
Due to the high profits from the entertainment sphere, throughout the years, local laws became more compliant. The country allowed many forms of gambling.
Key milestones in the history of Canadian wagering:
- the 1970s — the state established sphere regulation by eliminating unlawful activities;
- the 1990s — official ground casinos, horse tracks, and lottery terminals appeared;
- 2009 — the legalisation of internet wagering in Canada started;
- 2010 — the first legal online casino, PlayNow, appeared;
- 2020 — many ground gaming complexes closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic;
- 2021 — the Canadian government allowed online bids on single games;
- 2022 — Ontario started issuing licences to iGaming entrepreneurs.
The Situation in Different Regions
Canada consists of 10 provinces and 3 territories. Each local authority creates special laws and rules for operators:
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Gambling Industry in Ontario: Features and Benefits
It is the only province in Canada that has allowed foreign companies to conduct all forms of wagering. The Alcohol and Gambling Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has created a special system to monitor and support the industry.
Operators sign agreements with iGaming Ontario after providing certification of products by an independent laboratory, gathering a list of required documents, and paying a fee.
The main reasons for running an online casino in the province are:
- Legal environment. Any gaming activities are allowed on the territory, both for local and foreign operators.
- Low competition. There are a few casino sites in the province, so it is easy for a new entrepreneur to enter the market.
- Strong economy. Entrepreneurs in the territory receive high incomes due to the stable financial situation in the country.
- High request for gambling. A large number of Canadians play slots and place bets, especially in Ontario.
- Wide range of entertainment. The province allows businesses to conduct different types of gambling.
- Diverse payment methods. Canadians use plenty of popular financial methods, including bank cards, e-wallets and crypto tokens.
How to Start an Online Casino in Ontario
To open a gambling site in the province, it is necessary to complete the following tasks:
- Develop a good strategy. Determine which services to offer and calculate costs for project creation and maintenance.
- Obtain a licence. Apply to the AGCO to get a work permit. You can operate with both local and foreign certificates.
- Choose a gaming software provider. Select a company with years of experience in creating effective programs, a great reputation, and various offerings.
- Develop a unique site. Assemble a decent portal with easy navigation for the constant attraction of new customers. Also, you should localise the resource using 2 official languages — English and French.
- Include popular payment methods. Players in Ontario are looking for sites with instant transactions. In Canada, such payment methods as classic credit and debit cards, e-wallets and cryptocurrencies are popular.
- Provide 100% security. Install the latest protection systems against money laundering and information thefts. Use fraud detection tools, identity verification, behavioural analysis technologies, etc.
The Main Things about the Canadian Gambling Industry
This is a promising region for modern operators of entertainment businesses. The results of legalisation are already visible as the area brings huge profits to entrepreneurs.
- Canada legalised gambling activity in the 1970s, allowing provinces to establish individual industry rules and standards.
- Ontario is the most liberal territory, and local web amusement is regulated by the AGCO.
- The main advantages of launching an iGaming business in Ontario are the legal environment, high demand for entertainment, and low competition.
You can entrust the development of a digital platform to Online Casino Market experts. Our turnkey business solution will allow you to launch a gambling project quickly and with minimal effort.
We also provide the following products and services:
- diverse games from famous suppliers;
- efficient administrative software;
- reliable payment modules;
- licensing assistance;
- marketing tools, and much more.
Contact our experts to launch a risk-free gambling project in Ontario or any other lucrative destination in the world.
Check the information used to contact us carefully. It is necessary for your safety.
Fraudsters can use contacts that look like ours to scam customers. Therefore, we ask you to enter only the addresses that are indicated on our official website.
Be careful! Our team is not responsible for the activities of persons using similar contact details.
Top 3 Technologies That Will Be Popular in the Gambling Niche in 2023
Updated 14 february 2023
iGaming Business Trends in 2023
Updated 31 january 2023
Top 5 New Year Slot Machines 2022: Cheerful Atmosphere and Exciting Features
Updated 21 december 2022
Gambling in 2023: Overview of Trends and Investment Opportunities
Updated 19 december 2022
Mobile Marketing in iGaming: How to Effectively Promote a Casino
Updated 15 december 2022