iGaming Business Trends in 2023
In the gambling world, businessmen should keep an eye on innovations and customer preferences. Players’ choices and requests are key to the development of trends in the gaming environment.
Online Casino Market experts have analysed the preferences of gamblers to understand where the industry is going and what is relevant to attract a large audience.
Our specialists have vast experience in the development of iGaming projects, constantly examining up-to-date trends. We offer profitable and risk-free turnkey casino projects.
iGaming Industry: Interesting Facts
Despite severe regulation or strict bans in many countries, the gambling sphere is gaining momentum both in terms of revenue and the number of online casino users.
Here are the main events of recent years that confirm the boost of iGaming development:
- As of the end of 2021, the revenues of the online entertainment sector brought in more than 58 billion US dollars, and in 2022 — 80 billion worldwide.
- The annual growth rate of the gambling market is high and varies between regions. In Europe, the indicator reaches 8.23%, in the Asia Pacific region — 11.39%, while in Africa — 12.65%.
- Industry regulation significantly expanded in North America after the legalisation of web amusement and Ontario gambling debuted in Canada.
- The Curacao Gaming Authority, an independent gambling regulator, was reorganised in July 2022.
List of Web Gambling Tendencies in 2023
Experts from Online Casino Market have divided the relevant trends into categories:
The main tendencies in this sector include:
In this category, the following trends became the most popular:
- Personalisation. Gamblers have different tastes, but all of them seek pleasant experiences and excitement. Operators should provide various content and take a user-centric approach to meet the desires of each customer.
- Mobile and smartwatch gambling. Punters enjoy easy-to-play games and quick access. The mobile casino market is actively expanding, and in some regions like Africa, it is prevalent. Users enjoy placing bets on smartwatches too — prominent developers offer demo games and ads even on such small screens.
- eSports. Cyber gambling is getting more popular and is predicted to bring over 24 million US dollars in revenue by 2028. It is a relatively fresh iGaming niche, which is popular in South Korea, the USA, and China. It attracts not only a solvent adult audience but also a base of young cyber sports fans.
- Stream betting. Real-time sports gambling motivates players to place more bids. About 65.7% of wagers are made during live matches since punters crave instant wins. Bookmakers should provide cross-platform streaming of sports events, considering various disciplines and the most popular competitions.
- Live dealer games. In the past, this type of entertainment was used as a warm-up or addition to the entertainment catalogue. Today, such casinos are very popular, especially among the crypto audience. Punters enjoy the atmosphere of a real gaming room with high-quality footage and get an immersive experience from home.
Payments and Licensing
In terms of finance and regulation, many more countries have decided to legalise gambling and expand opportunities for both operators and players.
The main things that an online casino entrepreneur needs to pay attention to are:
- Diverse financial options. Punters seek easy ways for depositing and withdrawing funds. Owners of modern internet casinos should offer accessible and fast payment modules. These include debit and credit cards, e-wallets, etc.
- Cryptocurrency operations. Digital money is getting popular among owners of online casinos due to anonymity, immediate payment processing, and the absence of commissions.
In this category, there are some key things to consider:
- Metaverse gambling. It is a hybrid casino experience, where punters are offered AR/VR technology, Blockchain, and unique gameplay. Placing bets in amusement meta-worlds is an exclusive trend of 2023, which attracts a solvent crypto-oriented audience.
- Jackpots. Large prizes encourage players to place higher and more frequent bids. Prominent operators connect various jackpots to their product lines to attract more customers and gain more money.
All entrepreneurs are concerned about providing 100% safety for their casinos.
To protect an establishment, an operator should take into account the following aspects:
- Responsible gaming. The number of problem gamblers is decreasing every year, but casino owners still need to combat the underlying problems (ludomania, affective behaviour, etc.).
- Data privacy. Every player is concerned about personal information protection against fraud and manipulation. The main trends in data privacy are transparency, preserving user rights, and improvement of the legal framework in every country.
- ID verification in casinos. Internet criminals and hackers are now more sophisticated so operators should provide high-quality player validation. It is important to check every client by requesting identity cards and bank documents to confirm personality.
- Anti-fraud measures. For the complete safety of a web gambling resource, an operator should hire risk-management professionals or obtain programs to combat criminal activities. Aggregators like Online Casino Market propose reliable anti-fraud software to eliminate financial abuse and money laundering, as well as prevent potentially harmful activities.
The Main Things about Gaming Tendencies of 2023
The gambling industry is developing quickly, frequently changing trends, and introducing innovations. Operators should listen to their audience, studying each customer. The main focus in 2023 is on player engagement and retention.
Online Casino Market helps entrepreneurs create and improve their gaming projects.
We provide relevant and well-produced solutions, for example:
- casino software from the finest suppliers;
- administration modules;
- multicurrency payment programs;
- effective promotion tools, and much more.
With us, you can launch a turnkey gambling project with quality support service following the freshest trends.
Contact our consultants to learn more about how to run a successful gaming platform.
Check the information used to contact us carefully. It is necessary for your safety.
Fraudsters can use contacts that look like ours to scam customers. Therefore, we ask you to enter only the addresses that are indicated on our official website.
Be careful! Our team is not responsible for the activities of persons using similar contact details.
Top 3 Technologies That Will Be Popular in the Gambling Niche in 2023
Updated 14 february 2023
Starting a Canadian iGaming Project with Ontario’s Licence
Updated 01 february 2023
Top 5 New Year Slot Machines 2022: Cheerful Atmosphere and Exciting Features
Updated 21 december 2022
Gambling in 2023: Overview of Trends and Investment Opportunities
Updated 19 december 2022
Mobile Marketing in iGaming: How to Effectively Promote a Casino
Updated 15 december 2022