Cyprus to discuss blockchain integration into business and digital economy future
On November 30, Limassol will host a conference dedicated to cryptocurrencies and blockchain — Bitcoin & Blockchain Conference Cyprus. Speakers from Germany, the UK, the USA and other countries will talk about the legislative status and application of technologies. The event will include a software exhibition and panel discussion about blockchain trends.
The Government of Cyprus describes it as a country with a positive attitude to blockchain and cryptocurrencies: one has never prohibited bitcoin turnover, ICO campaigns and cryptocurrency exchanges. However, young companies aimed at integrating cryptocurrencies and blockchain still have a number of issues related to the legislation and blockchain development aspects. Therefore, Smile-Expo is organizing the event of the Bitcoin & Blockchain Conference series in Cyprus. Experts will share their opinions and examine case studies of the integration of blockchain and cryptocurrency payments into business.
Conference participants will focus on the following issues:
- ICO as a new way of raising funds, comparison with a conventional venture financing. Token and tokenization economically.
- Blockchain and payments. Blockchain’s role in global financial system modernization. The latest trends in fintech and digital banking services.
- Cryptocurrencies in 2018. Future of bitcoins and altcoins as well as their investors.
- Speculative bitcoin. How market players manipulate cryptocurrency price.
The conference will involve 15 speakers from 10 countries, including Marina Guryeva (well-known blockchain analyst, co-founder at CyberFund), Theodosis Mourouzis (blockchain consultant) and Ismail Malik (Editor In Chief of ICO CROWD). Attendees will also be able to listen to presentations by founders and heads of successful blockchain startups: Jan Sammut (RefToken), Marc Kenigsberg (BitcoinChaser), Ilia Korguzalov (PILIGRIM XXI and ARCONA AUGMENTED REALITY ECOSYSTEM) and others.
Other BBC Cyprus activities
- Exhibition of blockchain projects. There will be stands where manufacturers of blockchain-based applications and software will show their products. 10 developers will take part in the exhibition.
- Pitch session. Exhibitors will briefly present their own projects on the conference platform.
- Panel discussion. Startup founders from various countries will discuss blockchain development trends to be relevant in 2018−2019.
Discounts and bonuses for visitors
Smile-Expo, the conference organizer, offers special opportunities for students: they can attend Bitcoin & Blockchain Conference Cyprus just for EUR100.
We have a gift for the rest visitors as well: the BBC-PARTNER promo code provides a 20% discount for a full ticket. You should enter it in the Promo code section when registering on the website and buy a ticket for EUR280 instead of EUR350.
Do you have any questions? More information about the conference can be found on the website of Bitcoin & Blockchain Conference Cyprus.